Thursday, March 17, 2011

"Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange."

When I first thought of the concept of this series, I immediately thought of one of my favorite movies, Inception. When I think dreams, I think of Inception, and I knew I had to do an inception inspired photo. So this week I did just that. For my photo I took inspiration from "the kick", essentially, something that will wake you up from your sleep. For my "kick" I knew i wanted to use a falling chair, which in itself made it difficult to find someone to model for me, thankfully my friend George was willing to do so. I also wanted to shoot at the beach, a place that you were often brought back to in the movie.


At first I kept it simple, but it wasnt coming across how I wanted it to, and I wasn't too pleased with the lighting or the background, so I moved to a new location, and eventually it all came together.


"The Kick"
Ive also decided to go back and make my previous photo's black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment