Friday, May 10, 2013

Nearing The End

As expected, I have been VERY busy. Between working on portfolios for classes and finals and shooting for my Senior Degree Project I haven't had much spare time! But! I will try to summarize and bring it all back to the present.


A Few weeks back I hung in my last student show at Paier ): It was both exciting and sad, exciting because after graduation its the start of a new chapter in my life, but sad because its kind of scary to leave a place so comfortable and familiar. And after all the hard work I had put in that week both shooting and hanging the show I was awarded first place for one of my new photos, and it felt awesome. Went out on an amazing note.

"Our Final Farewell"

"Strength Of A Rose"

"Nostalgic"

The three images I produced for the show all have something to do with my time at Paier, and leaving Paier.

"Our Final Farewell" - I shot this photo as a goodbye to Paier. The clock representing time and how its run out, the stack of books are all from my academic classes I have taken at Paier, the path representative of my past and future, and of course the pears to represent Paier. The dog in this photo was pure luck and happened to run ahead of its owner into my frame right as my shutter went off.

"Strength Of A Rose" - During my time at Paier there was one professor in particular that really helped me figure out who I was as a photographer and really helped me become the photographer I am today, helped me shape my creativity and channel my ideas and concepts better. And that is Rosemary DeLucco-Alpert. So in honor of her, I created a photo dedicated to her and all the things she instilled in me.

"Nostalgic" - Simply put, i might not realize it now but I know soon that I will miss everything and everyone at Paier. And I know that pretty soon I will be nostalgic for it.


After the show it was time to start preparing for my senior show, so I ordered new business cards and I couldn't be happier with how they turned out, if you ever need a business card - use moo.com. They are simply amazing.



ALMOST CAUGHT UP. One of the shoots I had for my senior show was interesting to say the least. I really needed to get this photo done but it was FAR too sunny out that day, so I had to improvise. I ended up making a giant 14 sheet tent that was essentially a soft-box. I think to date this was the most prep work I had to do in order to have a successful photo. It took me around 2 hours to make but it was well worth it.

And because I want to tease you all I will leave you with a few teasers from my series I have been shooting for my senior project.




No comments:

Post a Comment